Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Merry Belated Christmas!

I know it's been more than a month since I've blogged, but this was a
hectic holiday season with MANY guests in town and all of the festivities at our house!!!!

Now that things are slowly returning to normal, I wanted to share a few photo highlights of our Christmas in KC. Troy's parents joined us for a week long visit and we loved having them here.



Ella and Alex really enjoyed playing with Grammie and Grandpa Robinson. Troy's grandmother (Grandma Gray), his Uncle Bill, Aunt Charlotte, and their son Willie and Charlotte's daughter Rachel also joined us over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. (We also celebrated Uncle Bill's birthday on Christmas Eve.) This was our first time to meet Bill and Charlotte and their family. It was so funny to see the resemblance between, Troy and his Uncle Bill as well as Uncle Bill and Alex.






We had lots of food, lots of fun, and the kids had a new audience to enjoy their antics.





We tried to keep things pretty tight, financially speaking this year, since I'm still out of work, but really, it didn't feel that way at all. We all had such a great time together, it was just wonderful to watch the kids enjoy this season so much!


The kids loved Daddy's "Green Grinch pj's." We always get new pajamas for everyone and we open that gift on Christmas Eve. (My tradition, and I like the look of clean new jammies in our Christmas morning photos. Of course, since I buy the jammies, I pick my own, but Troy always gets a surprise in what I pick for him. This year was a family favorite!)


My highlight was Ella bringing us her gift on Christmas morning. She'd made it at school and wrapped it with a beautiful handmade card. We insisted it go on the tree, like the other little gifts and we'd open it on Christmas morning. I burst into tears when she grabbed it and brought it to Troy and I to open. She was so excited for us to see what was inside. It was an adorable, snowflake ornament for the tree, with our most precious girl's picture in the middle. I know it will be one of my favorites to hang for years to come. As I was in tears, I failed to take a picture, and now everything is packed away, so you'll have to trust me that it's the most gorgeous ornament ever, and I'll share it next year.


Hope you all had a wonderful celebration with friends and family too!

No comments: