Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hello Blackbird!

Ella's first dance competition was this part weekend. It was crazy with all 5 of her dances during the day Saturday. I was up at 4, Ella was up at 5. We were in the car by 6, downtown by 630 and in costume, warming up by 7.  We didn't leave until after 11 that night. LOOOOONG day for both of us!

But, she was amazing! She danced her solo routine around 8 a.m. Daddy and the boys came to watch before Alex's basketball game. She did such a great job. It was the best I've ever seen this routine look! I was just so proud of her and she was proud of herself. Her toughest teacher met her when she came off stage and she said "Mom, Miss Christina smiled at me and told me my leg was even higher than she thought I could do it! She was proud of me!" Love that girl!








 Here's her solo routine



I laughed at awards when she sat with her fingers crossed, both hands... watching and waiting. She won 1st in her division and 5th for overall high scores. She came home with a pin, plaque and a trophy (which she's never had before, so that was HUGE) Of course, she lost the trophy, which was a catastrophy!!! We were frantic trying to locate it or get her a replcement. Luckily, the big girls came through. They had extra trophies from their groups dances, which were also first, so same trophy. Her big sister dropped one by on Sunday and made her day!




Group dances were fabulous too.

Getting ready for lyrical line "Carry Your Candle"

Beautiful production "Mickey's Clubhouse" backdrop designed by my brother's girlfriend, Sandy

I actually caught a shot of my Pluto! It's tough with 90 girls on stage at once.



"Greatest Star" musical theater girls ready to go.

Plutos (pre-noses being drawn on by me)

The day after... just after Caitlyn's mom dropped off her lost trophy and her 2nd place costume award!      


Here is the production.... was great for their first time on a big stage!


We have 3 more competitions, plus  nationals... but she's off to a great start!!!



No comments: