Saturday, February 9, 2008

Preschool here we come!


It felt a bit like opening the letter to see if my child had been accepted to an Ivy League University. How stupid is that?! She's two and we were battling to get her into a pre-school. As it is, we had to settle for an afternoon class, 3 days a week. We probably shouldn't mess with her AMAZING nap schedule, but she will be 3 by that time, and we're hoping to cut back a bit on the daytime sleep.

Ella will start preschool this September. Best of all, she'll be in the same class with Sophie! (my friend Kimmie's youngest daughter who's just 6 months older than Ella)

We both researched several preschools and decided this would be our first choice. They have a great program with lots of schedule options, music, fitness, SPANISH, etc... We're not members of this church, and we aren't alumni with older kids, so we had to wait until this week to register. We braved a MONSOON Tuesday morning and drug the girls in there. Before we even started paperwork, they let us know morning classes, would be out of the question. Those are comptelely full.

I debated whether and afternoon class was even possible for Ella. She's such a great sleeper and really wants her "happy nappy" every day. But we've talked to several other moms, prayed about it, and just asked God to help us make it work, if this is the right place for Ella.

We got the letter today that helped us make the decision. We're all going to the church service there tomorrow morning so Troy can check it out as well. I like the fact that this preschool is faith based. They have chapel, learn verses, and virtues like "God wants me to share," or "God wants me to be kind." I feel like those are such important messages for kids and I want Ella to have those values and share them with other kids.

Now if we can just get her potty trained! (more to come on that in another post) At least we know where we're going and when. I can check that item off my list.


No comments: