Thursday, May 15, 2008

It works

So far, so good. Ella has been sleeping with the dogs for 5 nights now. She's sleeping through the night, the screaming and fighting to go to bed is minimal and it usually stops completely as soon as the dogs are on her bed.

It pains me to think she was lonely. But I'm glad we held out and didn't wind up having to stay with her every night until she fell asleep. I can't tell you how many fellow parents have warned us not to start a habit we can't stop!

The only drawback to this, the dogs usually wake up when Troy jumps in the shower or when Alex cries out, so Ella is waking up at that time as well, and it's a little earlier than usual. It's fine for me, since I'm usually awake anyway, but she's a little more tired and crabby in the morning.

Still, I'll take the good sleep we're getting versus a little crankiness anytime!

No comments: