Wednesday, November 22, 2006

3 little words...


I can't believe I heard them today, for the first time, from my girl!


My parents are babysitting Ella today. They're in town for Thanksgiving and Laura's taking a day off from childcare.

Her vocabulary is really increasing lately. She says "Laura" and "truck" and "okay" and "Papa" pretty frequently. We've been hearing "Momma" and "Daddy" and "doggies" for what seems like months now.

But today, when I called home to check on her (and the DirectTV repair man who is late to show up) Ella talked to me on the phone. First she just listened as I said hello and blew her a kiss. I said "I love you Ella!" and soon those 3 little words came right back at me. "i love you..." (Papa says she kissed the phone. )

My heart stopped. She recognized mommy, and said the most precious phrase I'll ever want or need to hear. She loves me. That's it. I've lived my most perfect moment. Everything else... just gravy.

No comments: