Friday, November 17, 2006

Finally Friday! Will we survive the weekend?

It's funny how I've always looked forward to weekends, and still do, even though they are no longer a time of rest. Once Ella entered our lives, the days of sleeping late ended. 7:15 is a welcome break for us. If she sleeps to that point, we feel like we've had a real treat!

None of us will be sleeping this weekend, we have grocery shopping and prep work to do! My parents are coming into town and I've decided I'll make Thanksgiving dinner. I've never cooked a turkey before. I'm just going with a turkey breast for the 4 of us (+ Ella). I ordered it in advance, so I won't have to thaw a frozen bird for several days. How hard can it be? Worst case scenario, we'll have hot dogs and all the side dishes.

As if Thanksgiving guests weren't enough, we're entertaining friends this weekend. Troy spends Sundays parked on the sofa, in front of his new TV. (more on the 46" monstrosity in a later posting) Anway, he wants to have his friends over to watch football. Great idea! But, the timing means more shopping and more cooking just 2 days before my family arrives!

Oh and I did I mention we have dinner plans tonight with friends at our house, plus Ella's Christmas card photo appointment Saturday afternoon?! Throw a grumpy pregnant lady and a high maintenance toddler into the mix... thank God it's only 37 days until Christmas!

No comments: