Monday, November 13, 2006

Ready or not, here comes our blog!



Well, I've watched friends do this for months and finally decided it was time to join the electronic age. As Ella gets more active, we get busier, and it just seems tough to keep up with everyone on what's happening in our family. Hopefully, this will give us an easy outlet and you an opportunity to check up on us from time to time.

Troy has already flat out refused to offer ANY CREATIVE INPUT WHATSOEVER to this project. He will provide "technical assistance" as needed. I think he worries that I might actually use some his strange ideas in my posts. (as if!?)

Anyway... here's where we'll start this all off: it's a week before Thanksgiving, 2006. Troy and I are busy as ever with work and keeping up with Ella. She'll be 15 months old next week. She occupies her time chasing the doggies, digging all our Tupperware out of the cabinets, and generally destroying newspapers, magazines, or anything paper that she can get her hands on.

We're lucky Ella is a good sleeper, a great eater, and a generally happy child. She's a big flirt and Troy knows that will come back to haunt us in a few years. But, for now, she's a gem!

I'll try to post photos, updates, etc... every 2 or 3 days. Feel free to check back at anytime and let me know if there is something I'm forgetting to talk about.

Speaking of forgetting things, I've already forgotten to mention baby Robinson to be. He or she is due June 1st, 2007. We are in our 12th week of pregnancy and so far things are going really well. Last week we had our first ultrasound and heard the baby's heartbeat. That was a big relief for me. There's just something about seeing and hearing that life in there for the first time. It was also a big relief for Troy. I've been dreaming of twins and triplets, but the doctor assures us there's only one baby in there!

I should mention right off the bat that this will be my steam of consciousness talking. You may get some random things thrown in from day to day. (I'm a pregnant lady who can barely remember to turn off the faucet after brushing my teeth, so just cut me some slack.) You should also know that I'm a TV person at heart. I've been writing for 15 years in a way that's comfortable for people to speak aloud on camera. I'll use ellipses (...) in places where they probably don't belong. My sentences are usually short and to the point. I'll do my best to avoid the spelling and grammatical errors. But that's just how I write, so take it or leave it. I never promised this would be a work of literary genius.

I do hope you'll find this a fun way to keep up with what we're doing. Until next time... (see there are those pesky ellipses!!! Already!)

No comments: