Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Be careful what you wish for!


My last blog was the beginning of a very long, and exciting weekend.

We celebrated Cinco de Mayo a day early on Friday night, May 4. I really wanted Mexican food from our favorite restaurant, even if I couldn't' have a margarita. I let Troy drink a whole pitcher for both of us... since he had a designated driver!

Too bad for him... Saturday morning I woke up at 6 a.m. in labor.

Alexander Gray Robinson was born at 10:12 that same morning. (Daddy and doctor wanted to make his middle name Paco or Jose... but I vetoed.)
He weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces.
He arrived a month early... my due date was June 1.
He scared us by swallowing a mouthful of amniotic fluid and not breathing for a full 30 seconds.. but a little suction and he was fine. He didn't have to go to the NICU. He's been happy and healthy and went home with us just as we expected.

He's already up to 10 pounds at just over a month old.
Plenty more to come.
But I'll start this post with the first of many photos, photos and more photos!

No comments: