Friday, June 29, 2007

The little mother...and maternity leave ends

Seems like Ella and I are both juggling our time. She's all about the babies these days. We have several, and she has to have at least 3 everywhere she goes. Upstairs, downstairs, in the car, etc... those babies go everywhere. She nearly had a meltdown when Troy left the house this morning and DID NOT have any babies in the car. Luckily, Laura also has babies at her house, so the need was quickly met. She puts them in the car seat, feeds them bottles, gives them medicine, she's quite the little mother.

I on the other hand feel like I can barely keep up with my 2 babies. After 8 weeks, this was my last day of maternity leave. My last day to focus my attention on Alex and just be his mommy. Monday, I go back to work for 2 days, and then I'll be working from home. Alex and Ella will be here with me, so I'll divide my attention and time between the two of them, and work and this house, etc...

Oh yeah, did I mention Troy? I still hope to fit him and our time as a couple into that schedule somewhere.

I look at Ella and I realize she'll never have as much of my time as she did. I look at Alex and realize he'll never have my full attention the way Ella did as my first baby. I just try to meet both of their needs and be the best mommy I can. They love me for now. I just hope I don't screw that up when I'm home with them 24/7!

No comments: