Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Mommy Mafia

I just love hanging with other Mommies! I stopped by my office today to pick up some supplies and planned a lunch date with several other moms.

I love that we can share things with one another to make the cost of raising kids a little less painful. (I brought in some maternity clothes for Merritt, brough some baby boy hand-me-downs for Heidi and picked up some boy hand-me-downs from Tara. )

I love even more than we can share experiences, and learn from one another. Who knew I could freeze yogurt tubes and they'd be less messy for Ella! She loves them, now I have a way to make it happen! Who knew maxi pads in my son's diaper at nap time would keep him from leaking all over his bed since she insists upon sleeping on his tummy. Plus they cost less than the expensive boy specific diapers! (Who knew that Merritt would have an extra convertible carseat just sitting in her garage that we can use for now, so we don't have to buy 2 new car seats for Alex!)

I fed my kids and other moms helped me juggle them both, juggle my food, refill my drink, grab a utensil when Ella dropped hers, helped feed Ella the messy yogurt in a tube, talked to me, talked to my kids, and we all enjoyed lunch together! It was like a spa date with my kids along! I was able to relax, converse, laugh and yes, shovel in a few bites in between.

It's great getting together with women who understand the trials and triumphs of being a mom! I'm so glad we did this and I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: