Thursday, January 31, 2008

What happened to my grocery list?!


What can I say, except that I guess Alex needed a little fiber in his diet.

We made a Target run this morning, and the boy was ready to get out of his carrier and have some lunch. All it takes to occupy him is a simple piece of paper, my shopping list. He holds it crinkles it and pretty much destroys it by the time we're done, but that's okay. I'm throwing it away at that point. Except that I forgot!

It wasn't until I opened the door to take Alex inside that I noticed something on his cheek. I immediately recognized this shard of paper and began searching his seat for the rest. A few confetti size pieces, and I found a similar shred in his mouth. But that's it. The rest of the list is gone, and Alex isn't starving anymore.

I panicked and called Laura. "Is he choking?" she asked. "No, he's smiling at me." She assures me he's fine, and this too shall pass.

No comments: