Thursday, April 22, 2010

Making it his home too...

Everyone keeps telling us to accept help where we can... and we've been overwhelmed with so many generous offers, I hardly know where to begin. Laura has been kind enough to organize everyone who wants to bring us meals, I have Mommy Mafia friends all chomping to help with play dates, childcare, etc....

So what was my first re-assignment of duties??? re-upholstering a chair for Max's room.

Sounds ridiculous, I know!But sitting there in his room last night which is actually still a guest/catch all room, I wanted to get it done. Pulling out the things that we've put aside for him, the bedding, the toys people have sent, hand-me downs, makes me hopeful. That he'll come home to us, that he'll make our home his home too, instead of the NICU. I need that hope and I need him to have his own special place. For now, it's my special place, to think about him, when we're here and know that he is already such a part of our family.

So, Tara and Merritt, good luck with that wing back! Thanks for agreeing to pick it up, find an upholsterer, pick out the fabric, etc... I know you'll make it beautiful for me! It may seem like a crazy project, but it's important to me and it will help make my baby's room his own special sanctuary.

2 comments:

Mommy P said...

That sounds like the perfect project.

Merritt said...

Jen, We are so happy to be able to do something for you, Troy, the kids and MAX!