Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Post Surgery Blues

Today sucked! The day after surgery is even worse for me than the surgery itself.

Max was out of it all day, and when he wasn't he was in pain. He gained 9 ounces or 239 grams! He's puffy and his eyes are swollen shut. He had a blood transfusion. (I think it was #11) He is still on the ventilator and his narcotic pain medication drip. I can't hold him yet, oh and most recently, the NICU doctor on call tonight is a jerk!

He was condescending, patronizing, and dismissive. Seriously, he must not realize that I've dealt with egos MUCH LARGER THAN HIS during those 14 years in TV news. I asked to have him call to answer my questions about Max's condition tonight and he told me I was "getting all bent out of shape" and "worrying about things that shouldn't concern me,." That was before I even got to say anything except "hello" and "thanks for calling!" Really, when did he become the one who gets to tell me how to parent? He doesn't scare me, he just pisses me off!

It's really not a good idea to push this Mommy's buttons when she's already on system overload! I don't have the time, energy or patience for this crap.

1 comment:

Mommy P said...

WHAT! He's YOUR BABY - every tiny detail about him is your concern. Jerk! (Who was it?)

I hope today is better for Max