Monday, January 31, 2011

Big Day, Big Snow, Big Shoes to fill...

I'm hearing all the talk of snow and hoping the weather will cooperate with our big doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Max is set to see the developmental pediatrician which is a big deal. It's probably our most important appointment since he left the NICU. This doctor will tell us about his vision, hearing, brain development, physical development, etc... I could be a good look at what lies ahead for Max in his long term care to try to catch him up with other children his age.

I'm excited because everything seems good so far, but also nervous. So many things about Max and his condition have surprised us along the way.

I'm saying prayers that we'll be able to get to this late afternoon appointment, and that Max will get another glowing report!

I was so surprised today to find a comment from a random NICU mom who read this blog. Her child is also in a NICU and was recently diagnosed with NEC. (the bowel disease which almost killed Max and still influences the way he eats.) I've always written for several reasons:

1.) to keep our friends and family up to date and avoid dozens of phone calls
2.) to keep a journal of sorts that I can look back at, share with Max and remember all that we've been through (perhaps even for a book someday)
3.) to share with others. I hope this mom will be able to learn something, anything from what we've been through that might help (we benefited so much from other former NICU families that I wanted to return the favor)

So I'll keep posting...

No comments: