Wednesday, February 9, 2011

We prayed and...

If there were a telephone line to God... I think we wore it out this year. I can't tell you how many times a week, a day, an hour we prayed for Max, our family the doctors, etc... Some days, I don't think my prayers ever stopped.

We prayed and God heard us and answered. Sometimes I thought it was the right answer... sometimes.. I didn't. But I learned to accept God's will and to trust him to get me through... especially on those days and nights, when I didn't know how to go on.

We prayed and God brought us miracles and guidance and help... and Nicole. Her milk is part of what helped Max survive and thrive. Nicole lost her two baby girls, Lillian and Addilyn. But through their loss, we were given a gift. Her milk kept Max alive when it was the only thing his body could digest.
Nicole and Shannon will always be a part of Max's life (at least I hope they will agree to that)... and part of ours. They are expecting a baby girl, in April. Baby Lydia is actually due to arrive on Max's first birthday!

But tonight, Nicole and Lydia are facing some health concerns... and they are in the hospital. We know all too well how scary this can be. Every day in the "Mommy Motel" is worth 3 days in the NICU. So we want that baby to stay put, stay healthy, and arrive right on time this spring!

We're praying again tonight.. this time for Nicole, Shannon and baby Lydia.

No comments: