Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Baby Robinson #3

NO! We're not pregnant and not trying.

But I don't want Troy to "get fixed" because I haven't signed off on the possibility of having a third baby. (Plus, I insist if the brain tumor kills me he'll have to remarry and his 2nd wife may want a kid. He HATES it when I say that, so I had to throw it in. I've even picked out a few gals who I think would be good options for him, now is that a generous wife or what! Seriously, I'm just looking out for who I'd want around my kids on a full-time basis, but this is another post completely.)

Anyway, back to babies... something lately just has the urge stirring. Maybe it's that Alex is about to turn 1. Maybe it's that he no longer wants to sit quietly on my lap and snuggle, he'd rather race around after his sister and fall off of things to inflict more bruising.

He did fall asleep in the car a few nights ago and when I lifted him out of the car seat, he was still out cold. This is rare, so I just sat and enjoyed. He was snuggled up with his head and hand on my chest. I could feel his breath going in and coming out, it was precious and magical! I just couldn't imagine not having a baby nuzzle in like that again!

I told Troy I think I want a third, and he told me he thinks I'm crazy. For now, we can't get pregnant, because if I need brain surgery of any kind, the neurosurgeon wouldn't want me pregnant. But all 4 doctors (5 if you count my OB) still tell us it's an option in spite of the tumor and treatments.

So if and when the time comes, we'll decide if we're up for the family of 5, or not. I'm perfectly content with the family we have. All I ever wanted was to be a Momma, and I got that with my precious Ella. I've said the rest of my life is just gravy, so I guess Alex is the best little gravy I've ever snuggled up and giggled with.

What does that make a possible baby #3? Perhaps the perfect dessert, or a glass of Grappa if you're Troy. Either way, I'm not ready for the waiter to bring us the check!

No comments: