Friday, April 25, 2008

My little fashionista


She comes by it naturally, the nut doesn't fall far from the tree, etc... I love clothes, shoes, purses, etc... and so does my Ella. But she's driving me crazy. I submit the photo you see here of her latest attempt at dressing herself. Yes those are pink camo jeans, a strawberry print shirt, and red/purple Dora socks, with the turquoise barrette as a finishing touch.
Don't get me wrong, I'm so proud that she can put on the shirt, pants, socks and shoes by herself and sometimes, even get them on facing the right direction. But the choices, I've having to learn to live with. She's a toddler and the outfits are, well, out there, but at least she's making her own statement.

Now for the real headache. She wants to wear so many things, at once, and all the time. I'll go into her room and find a fashion explosion, where she's emptied her drawers, put on as many things as she can, and left the rest for me to pick up and put away. I'm not saying she makes a few clothing changes, I'm talking she'll have on 7 pairs of pajama pants, 6 shirts, several pair of socks and shoes. Oh yes, the shoes, she sleeps in them, slippers, sparkly shoes, whatever strikes her fancy.

Troy has threatened to take all the drawers out of her dresser if she doesn't stop taking everything out and dumping it in piles on her bed. We've even put rubber bands on the closer doors to keep her out of there.

I'm trying to be flexible. I'll let her wear what she wants, even indulge the slippers and jewelry, but I can't keep spending hours re-folding and packing her drawers. Especially in the middle of the night, when she wakes up, decides it's all in her way, and wants me to get rid of it.



No comments: