Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Watch what you say...

Ella is like a little echo machine. I have to watch what I say and I know that.

She learned a couple of new words this afternoon when I dropped a stack of color books and stickers and markers, etc... off the top of a pair of serving bowls. (Don't ask why we keep them there. It's out of reach, out of sight in a cabinet, and well, precariously perched where something is bound to fall!)

The point of this post... Ella hears it and repeats. It doesn't matter what it is, and today it wasn't the sort of language I want my child to use or to use myself.

Troy happened to be on the phone with me at the time and got a good chuckle out of hearing his little angel say those two words like she was saying "peanut butter" or something as common. Something tells me he won't be laughing if she repeats them to her Sunday School teacher?! UGH!

No comments: