Friday, April 25, 2008

While Troy's away...

My man is off for boys' weekend and I'm home sick with a sinus infection along with two sick kids. Sounds like loads of fun, huh?! Troy has been planning this for weeks. He only made one night of the trip last year, as I was great with child and gave birth just 2 weeks later. Aaaaah the sacrifices we make, he gave up a night of drinking and fun, I gave birth, again. Enough said.

Actually I was supposed to have a bit of a girls' weekend as well. My BFF Kristi was flying in from Dallas to shop and visit with me and the kids. But she's a momma too, and when you've got this many germs in the house, she's afraid she'd take the affliction back to her own family. Who can blame her. I wouldn't want to be here this weekend either, if I had a choice.

Luckily, my parents answered the desperate call for help and came up to help me manage the kids. We're feeling a little better today, but the kids are cranky and not up for doing much. So, it's going to be a long weekend around this house.

When daddy gets home Sunday, I'm outta here! Shopping and prep for the big birthday celebration is in order, and I plan to do it by myself. I told Troy I"m already planning my next girls' weekend. Details to come, but it will involve a spa, a massage, and no one under the age of 30!

Maybe the kids will feel well enough that I can sneak out tomorrow during naps and make a few quick purchases. I planned to spend money while he was gone! Can't miss that opportunity!

No comments: