Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ballerina Girl

Ella's other big first this fall, has been dance class. I enrolled her in preschool combo, which is a little bit of everything. Mainly, they just put on a leotard, dance around and have fun. No special supplies, just an hour a week, no pressure.






She's so musical and dances around here with daddy and mommy and "Dancing with the Stars." I just thought she'd really enjoy it, plus I wanted her to meet some new friends, and I hope that exposing her to a new situation will help make her more self-confident.



Dance school #1

We tried one dance school near our home, but I was not happy with the security and class size. She was in a class of 21 girls the first night, by week two it was down to 14, but they didn't know where she was when the let the mommies back in the room and that freaked me out. Granted, she was only in the bathroom, but no one knew, and it took them 3 minutes to find her. Made me wonder if she'd been part of the class at all.






Dance school #2

So now, we've switched to another dance school, where her friend Mary (another former childcare kid from Laura's house) takes classes. Mary is a year older than Ella, but she's taking her class as well as Ella's class, because she wants to dance more than once a week. So, it's working really well, she loves the class, and she loves the tap shoes, notice the day she got them, she's tapping on my fireplace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so cute! We really miss you guys!