Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Party Blues


It's pregnancy. I know that makes my hormones go into overdrive.. and I'm just crazy emotional. But my day has turned into a complete blubber-fest!!!

We're having a holiday open house at work. (in place of our annual Christmas party to include the families) Every one is bringing their spouses and children, even some grandparents and grandchildren are coming. Offices are decorated with lights and trees, they've been out all morning carting in the Christmas goodies and games.

I'll have to celebrate this gathering solo.

Troy had hoped to get away from work an hour early, pick up Ella and come over for the party. But that's not gonna happen. Sometimes, his job is very unorganized and things get changed at the last minute. I swear, it's like TV news, maybe worse since he doesn't make nearly as much money. Anyway... some person's poor planning means Troy has an emergency and he's stuck at the office.

I could drive out to pick up Ella. But it's 30 minutes to get there... probably 45 minutes to an hour to get back in traffic... and then we have another 30-45 minute drive back in the same direction to go home. That just doesn't make sense.

I did print out some Christmas photos of Ella to hang on my office door. (so at least people can see how cute she is) Now they're stopping by all day and asking "do we get to see her?!"
They'll just have to think I'm the unwed, pregnant lady this year.
BAH HUMBUG!!!!

No comments: