Friday, December 1, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

First we had 1/2 inch of ice on Wednesday night. Then we got 10-12 inches of snow Thursday. Today, Friday, Olathe, KS is a winter wonderland. This was a reminder for me of how great it is not to work in the TV news business anymore!!!

If it snows or sleets, my office often sends us home early. If school is canceled, my office opens on a delayed schedule. When the roads and sidewalks are this bad, this pregnant lady stays home and works from the computer upstairs... still in her pj's.

I've worked from home Thursday and Friday of this week. Thursday, Troy went ahead and took Ella to childcare. He just didn't want to worry about his pregnant wife getting stuck somewhere or slipping on a sidewalk. Today, Friday, after all the snow, Ella stayed at home as well. She was amazingly cooperative and well behaved. She played and watched her movies. I was able to work from the home computer and make my phone calls during her two naps... we had a great snow day together.

She keeps looking out the window and saying "no" which I think means snow. She's probably waiting for daddy to come home and let her play in the cold white stuff.

No comments: