Thursday, December 7, 2006

You're in the army now- almost


My friend Jerry... you never cease to amaze me! Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro, traveling to all 50 states in a week. Is there no end the to abuse you will subject yourself to?!

Now you've gone and signed up for the army. I'd say I'm surprised, but in some ways, I'm really not. You've always been the kind of person who did things that might seem crazy, but really took a lot of guts.

Leaving TV for a year to go home and tend to your family farm... thought you were nuts, but in the end, you came out better for it. Leaving sports for a job as a news reporter and anchor... thought you had to be a glutton for punishment, but look where that got you! Number one anchor at the number on station in town.

You're like famly to me, which is kind of sick and twisted since I was hoping you'd father my children if I didn't get hitched by the time I was 35. In fact, you were my stunt date the night I hooked up with my future husband. (You should thank Troy. He came along just in time. I was 34.)

I've always known you were something special, just because of how my Nana felt about you. Faye was perhaps your oldest and greatest fan. In her eyes, Jerry Jacob could do no wrong. She loved you like a grandson and felt like she had family in town, just because she could watch you on the news every night. You touched my heart by showing up at the hospital to visit her. Then, when you showed up at her funeral, it was a great comfort to me.

I'm so proud of your latest adventure! I know Nana will be watching over you. I love you my friend. Be safe!
(hope you all enjoy this picture.. this was Jerry, Jenn & Kimmie, in the not so flattering early 90's!)

No comments: