Monday, December 11, 2006

I'm calling it "he"

I just can't help it. After my regular monthly OB visit last Friday, I've started calling baby Robinson #2 "him" or "he." The doctor heard the heart rate (around 140-142) and he guesses it's a boy. (Nothing scientific of course, just an old wives tale and he admits he has a 50/50 chance of getting it right.) For some reason I just can't get boy out of my head.

This little guy is swimming around like crazy. The doctor had to chase him to hear the heart beat. I can feel him kicking at night and Friday, for the first time, Troy could feel him too.

They're scheduling our appointment for the level 2 ultrasound in the next few weeks... so we should know for certain by early January 2007.

I've already started thinking about a boy's room and trying to pick out some cute stuff. (although Troy insists this is another girl and I have to give him some credit, he was correct the first time around when the doctor was wrong.)

There are plusses and minuses on both sides of course:

If it's a girl:
- we already have clothing coming out our ears!
- we get to re-use a lot of stuff ( pink and yellow and floral)
- no guns, killing bugs, jumping off things, additional penises, etc...

If it's a boy:
- Ella will still get to be our baby girl
- Kristi is ready to send boy hand-me-downs
- we get to buy some new stuff in boy colors
- Troy finally gets some testosterone in the house!

Of course, all that really matters is that this baby seems to be healthy so far! He or she is very active and growing right on schedule. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what we're getting... but it won't be long now.

No comments: