Wednesday, December 6, 2006

2nd trimester funk

My clothes don't fit, at least, not the way they should. But who wants to start wearing maternity clothes when you're only in the 15th week! Regular pantyhose are too tight, maternity hose have a giant extra belly that I don't need yet. I'm already clumsy so heels are not the greatest idea.. but on the plus side... I am still wearing my boots!

And I'm freezing! How did that happen? During my last pregnancy, I was hot all the time. My face was flushed, I sweat profusely. I assumed being pregnant in the winter months would be a welcome break. WRONG. This time around I can't get enough clothes on to stay warm. I'm using a heating pad at night to warm the bed, and Troy is dying! He sits around in shorts and a t-shirt complaining that we can't turn up the heat anymore because the bill will be too high!

I thought the second trimester was supposed to be that happy time when you enjoy pregnancy? I am much less nauseaus than I was a few weeks ago. I'm starting to get some energy back, but I still want to go to bed by around 9:00. We dont' know if we're having a boy or a girl so we can't do much prep on the room, I'm starting to look pregnant, but not really enough that people notice. (In other words, I just look fat!) Overall, no one seems very excited about the pregnancy.

Ella doesn't know what it means when I tell her our new baby is growing inside mommy. She just HATES it when I touch another baby and she doesn't like to share with anyone. (Sibling life should be fun.)

Troy is sick of having a sick wife who sleeps all the time and can't get warm.

I'm sick of wearing the same 2 pair of pants alternating every day with different bumpy sweaters and shirts that gape over my growing body. I'm tired of not sleeping well and not feeling well and looking fat instead of pregnant.

It's still early... maybe we'll get excited when we find out if this is a boy or a girl. All we want is a healthy baby... but it's exciting to know and start planning everything. Hopefully, that will help liven things up at our house.

No comments: