Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Preschool Graduate!

I do have these other 2 children, who are amazing and exciting and NOT in the NICU. How sad is it that I haven't written about them in SOOOOO many days now?

I couldn't wait another day to blog about Ella. While we've been busy watching Max's every move, she's continued to grow up, right under our noses. I was shocked when I got home from the hospital after delivery and realized she only had a few weeks of preschool! Those last few days have come and gone, and Ella is now officially a soon-to-be-kindergartner.



We've been to two different kindergarten round-ups at her school in our neighborhood. She told me before the first session that she was "excited, but a little nervous." You know what, I was about the same. But we both survived it, and at the end, I had to nearly drag her away from her "new school."

Leaving our friends at Colonial Presbyterian Child Development Center is a whole other story! We have been so blessed by this preschool and the wonderful group of people we have become so close to.

Kimme and I found this preschool two years ago and thought it would be so great for our girls to go together. They have become just the best of friends, and it's amazing to see how much they've grown.

Along the way, they met the third musketeer, Maci. She's the perfect fit with Ella and Sophia. I can't imagine what life is going to be life next fall with all 3 of them in different schools!?

They celebrated the end of their pre-K year with a special program for all the parents. It was a wonderful and sad too. All the mommies cried, all the daddies snapped photos, and all the kids sang and received their diplomas and ate cookies. A perfect ending... and new beginning.

(When they presented Ella's diploma the director said she "loved playing with her friends the most and wanted to be a doctor when she grows up." Specifically, she tells us she wants to be a baby doctor. I wonder why??)


(photos are Ella and Sophia at their 3 year old meet the teacher day, Ella and Sophia post pre-K end of year celebration, and the 3 musketeers Ella, Sophia and Maci)

No comments: