Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Back on track with "Team Max."

Our primary nursing schedule is back on track, thank GOD! I mean, literally, I can't tell you how thankful I am for this. It's the one thing that keeps me sane.

These last few days, have been especially frustrating. I can't say that we have EVER had a bad nurse. But I still wanted the primary nursing for him. It means we have a pool of nurses, days and nights, who they try to keep with Max. The best thing about the best primary nursing is the consistency. It's great having people know what's happening with him, knowing his quirks and most importantly knowing the delicacy of those DARN OSTOMY BAGS!

The past 3 days, those bags have been the bane of my existence! But finally, after trying EVERYTHING, Betsy, Lori and Charlotte have been able to get bags on that have stayed for 8 hours plus! The longest stretch so far, was a bag that stayed on for 16 hours today. WOOHOO!!! This means more time for Max to not be bothered and stressed. He can just sleep, heal, grow, and love on his mommy, of course.

I love having primary nurses. I can leave Max, knowing that he's with the handful of people of people who care for him on a regular basis. (just look how content he was this morning, when I found him snuggling with Charlotte!!!) They are the people who have come to know and love or at least tolerate his quirks. They have agreed to care for him, and they are all part of "Team Max." We couldn't do it without them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love being on Max's team!