Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Taste Test...

Max was beautiful and bright-eyed and spent almost a half hour off his CPAP today. He was breathing and gurgling and watching his mommy and I was in heaven!!! He had nurses and doctors and me all just in awe. Look how adorable he is! I know I'm his mom, so I'm required to think that, but just look at him!?!?!

























We've also started something new, along with the feeding tube breast milk, he gets "taste therapy." I put a small sponge on his tongue at feeding times, so he can get a few drops of the milk. He grimaced at first, but then he sucks that sponge dry! The boy knows when he's getting the good stuff.

His surgeon was by this afternoon and while they will continue to move very slowly with his continuous feeds through the tube, he was mentioning that we will try to start small oral feeds sometime in the future.







Meanwhile... it's rough at home, Alex is running a fever, it was 105 tonight and it was tough to find a sitter to come to the house for him so I could get up there. It's amazing some days how we're able to make it work. But so far, we're doing it.

1 comment:

Mommy P said...

ADORABLE! He has such a cute face!