Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Catching some Zzzzzz's...

Mommy needed a nap today, so I left the hospital just a little early and came home, by myself for a quick snooze on the couch. Ella was with my friend Jamie and her girls. Alex was at Laura's and Troy picked him up for me. It was 45 minutes of much needed slumber!!!

I was back up at the hospital early this morning (2-4 a.m.) because Max was NOT liking his new vent settings, and he may have been having some withdrawal issues now that his morphine pump is gone. It took a quick change of the vent and an order for scheduled morphine shots to put the boy right back on track.

He was doing quite a job of filling his ostomy bag with air today. Guess where that came from? (toot toot toot) The surgeon was quite pleased to see that development when he stopped by to check on Max. He even mentioned that Max might be able to start on the VERY small feeds in a few days. It's scary, to think of putting anything back in those troubled bowels. But, we wont' know if we don't try, and that was the goal of this very scary surgery, to get him eating!

He continues to grow and shed some of the fluid from his very puffy, post surgery scare. Most importantly, he spent another couple of hours on top of Mommy this afternoon. Those are always the best hours of my day. I know where he is, I know he's safe, and I know he's with me, feeling my love. I can't do much for him, but that skin to skin snuggling time sure does a lot for me.

1 comment:

Mommy P said...

Skin to skin time with you is helping him just as much as it helps you! Kangaroo care is AMAZING!