Monday, March 14, 2011

Big Cedar Birthday...

It's all I want for my birthday, to get away. We went to Big Cedar for the week... sorry it's taken me awhile to post photos.

Poor Ella was sick and had a fever or 103 for much of the week... but she was a trooper and REALLY wanted to go, so I'm glad we didn't cancel. They had to skip the pool, because of her fever... but our cabin trips are never really about DOING things... they're about enjoying our time and one another..

Here is just some of what we did...

a walk to the marina.. to throw rocks and search for shells, not quite big enough for the canoes or pedal boats yet...


lunch at the Truman Smokehouse (great little sandwich place with overlooks Devil's Pool





playing in the Skunk Bunk

building fires with Daddy.. and toasting smores!!!


It was lots of fun, but EXHAUSTING for them! So much fresh air meant for great naps and sleep every night. (except when Ella needed more Tylenol)





I was nervous about Max. This was his first time away from home since we brought him home from the NICU. He has really been a creature of habit and very protected from germs. However, I did take my Lysol, antibacterial wipes, bleach and antibacterial gel... so I gave the cabin a good scrub down when we got there and kept it clean during our stay just to be sure...

He was amazing! The different place didn't phase him at all. He had fun with all the outdoor time, giggled with his brother and sister, slept like a champ, and literally grew an entire size while we were gone.

He had a blast out on our deck with his big brother and sister!


I had a carrier custom made for us, because I knew he was about to outgrow his infant car seat bucket.. and since he's not great at sitting in a stroller or grocery cart, etc... Mommy will be wearing him for awhile. This was the perfect trip to test it out and we both really loved it. He does get warm in there, so I'm hoping by the time the heat of summer arrives, he's able to sit on his own.

Our first time using the new carrier...



I was able to escape from the cabin for a couple of hours for my birthday massage, which as usual was HEAVENLY! It was a wonderful week away!

No comments: