Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blogging challenge days 29 and 30!

Day 29: what have you learned this past month?

- That my husband stinks at remembering important dates.
- That my 5 year old is testing boundaries on MANY fronts and we are setting the boundaries for her.
- That Alex panics when poop time comes and may or may not make it onto the potty.
- That the people of Japan are amazingly patient, gracious, and respectful of themselves and others, even in the worst disaster I can imagine. (I know can learn something more about my own patience from this one)
- That Max changes on a DIME! Literally overnight, he can accomplish tasks, like sitting, that we've been working on for weeks!!!
- That I really don't miss the infant car seat bucket.
- That having a preschool boy added to the bathroom routine means many more frequent cleanings, and we really miss Callie!
- That I'm way out of the working loop since last year and I need some new clothes and a suitable notebook.
- That taxes are infuriating! Especially this year!
- That yet another of my children is a wookie and will indeed have the Robinson cowlick.
- That we are blessed beyond words.



Day 30: your favorite song

I have lots...

"Marry Me" by Train is playing a lot right now, and it makes me cry in the car.
" Lost" by Michael Buble was a song Troy and I heard shortly after my brain tumor diagnosis, and it still reminds me that I have a partner for everything in my life.
"From this Moment" sung at our wedding by Krista Eyler (aka Funky Mama) will always be special.
"Jesus Loves Me" which happens to be Ella's lyrical dance for competition this year reduces me to tears.


My ABSOLUTE favorite has to be "You are my Sunshine." I've been singing it to the kids since they were born, and Alex and Ella both request a lot of nights at bedtime. We can sing it together now... and someday, Max will sing it with us. It already makes him smile!

No comments: