Friday, March 11, 2011

Blogging challenge day 23

day 23: something you crave a lot

BAGELS!!! the everything kind the Einstein Brothers makes for Costco, which you can buy for about $5 a dozen, with Wal Mart whipped cream cheese.

These seriously kept me alive during pregnancy... for months they were the only thing I could eat. I still have one most every day for breakfast, forget that no carb crap! The store in Overland Park really gets it right. They are crisp and brown on the outside and chewy on the inside... pure bagel Nirvana! Yes, I'm a bagel connoisseur, the Lenexa store doesn't cook them long enough and they are doughy. We drive over to OP at least every two weeks to pick up a few more tubes of bagels for the deep freezer.

Sour candy, and I mean really sour, make you mouth pucker and your cheeks hurt. Sour Punch is my favorite and Troy made MANY trips to Walgreens to pick some up, since this is the only place that carries it.

Water, with lemon juice. I know I must have a thing for sour, but I just can't drink water without it.

My pregnancy cravings were weird...

- with Ella it was baby carrots, tuna salad with tomatoes and cucumbers
- with Alex, black olives and cans of chef Boyardee ravioli
- with Max, the bagels... and they've stuck with me

The other thing I crave and never get... is sleep.

No comments: