Sunday, November 28, 2010

Poop...

We just never get tired of it around here. Since he had 3 bowel surgeries... Max's "motility" is a bit of an issue. I've been pushing it with our pediatrician, and she told me last week she wanted to get Max's surgeon involved again because he just struggles to poop!

So, I called up Dr. Schropp and had a wonderful conversation with his nurse who spoke with him while I was o the phone... VOILA! Problem resolved... at least it seems to be. He agreed that the high calorie and high mineral content special preemie formula (which was so instrumental in strengthening his brittle bones at the time we left the hospital) is too much for his bowels. We've switched to something more gentle to digest, and it's a poop factory around here again!

He also had us add 8 more ounces a day of apple juice or water in addition to his formula, which really waters things down, fills him up, and generally makes Max a MUCH happier boy. I'm glad that such a simple solution could help give him some relief and that things really seem to continue to be on track.

We see Dr. Stuppy this week for RSV shot #2 and his 2nd flu shot as well... can't wait to see how big he is... I'm thinking 16 pounds... my little Butterball!!

No comments: