Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanks by the Letters: X,Y and Z

I'm wrapping this up today.. 1.) because I have lots of cooking to do for tomorrow's big feast, 2.) because we're going to the NICU to help with Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow as well as preparing our meal here 3.) because I only have a few things I could think of with these remaining letters...

X-rays:

I was so thankful to see them almost everyday. They showed me how much fluid was in Max's lungs, where the breathing and feeding tubes were placed, how his cracked ribs were healing, if he had any poop backing up, etc... Those x-rays were a picture inside his tiny little body. And to the GENIUS who created his warming bed with the slot already built in for the xray film, thank you for not making us disturb him every time an image was ordered!!!

You:

I'm just sure I've overlooked someone, maybe several people... so this if for you if I forgot to mention your help earlier. I know I overlooked our dear nurse Nancy. She was Max's nurse on the day I was discharged from the hospital, which was hard. She wound up being one of our primary nurses and her experience and loving care meant so much. Nancy could explain just about anything and make me feel better about how things were going. I wish we could have seen her before we left and I HATE that I don't have your contact information... so look me up if you're reading this.

Zantac:

Max gave me INCREDIBLE heartburn while I was pregnant, morning, noon and night. I was so grateful to be able to take Zantac, and get some relief. The doctor actually prescribed this for Max after we came home, to help with his reflux. Didn't work so well for him... but worth a try.


Zillions of thoughts, well wishes, cards, and prayers:

Thank you, thank, thank you to our village for helping us through this year!!! It has been the most challenging and stressful of our lives, but also, the most rewarding. We are blessed to have one another, a home, a job, a car, and friends and family.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Jennifer (for Troy, Ella, Alex, and Max too!!!)

No comments: