Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thanks by the Letters: I

Insurance:

It's a headache, most of the time. Making sure you're using the right doctors, the right medications, the right forms, etc... but this time around, it's actually been fairly painless. Aside from the HUGE scare that we'd reached Max's lifetime limit... which he will eventually, but not yet.

They actually had an insurance rep in the hospital who coordinated all his care immediately so we knew that they were doing everything he needed and it would be covered. I've received some bills for the items that are part of our deductible, but so far, no hospital or surgery bills whatsoever. It's all just been paid and it shows up online in our explanation of benefits. I'm sure we'll have some hiccups down the road. But I am thankful we have this insurance.

Especially, because it comes from Troy's employer, and I know they must pay dearly for having us on the policy. We pay the premiums for the family, but they provide a group policy which Troy has access to. Without that group policy, Max and I would not have insurance.

No comments: