Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanks by the Letters: R

Respiratory Therapists:

They kept Max breathing for all those months he was on the ventilator and the CPAP and nasal oxygen... Sometimes, he'd get a shower through his nose, or a mucous in his lungs, and they'd help clear him out so he could breathe easier again. They went with him to surgeries and procedures, always helping the nurses make sure he was getting the oxygen he needed. I'm thankful for Paula, Missy, Stacie, Gabe, Donna, Paxton, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone???

RSV shots:

They are life-saving for preemies like Max. They can keep him from getting a severe version of this respiratory virus, in his first two years of life. He'll need one shot, every month, for 5-6 months this winter.. and maybe next winter too. They are NOT CHEAP!!!! (almost $2000 each!!!) We are thankful that these shots are available, and that our insurance approved them.

1 comment:

Mommy P said...

I loved Paxton. He was good at calming me down and keeping me informed.