Monday, February 21, 2011

Blogging challenge day 3

Day 3: a picture of you and your friends

Well, I have several friends, from several different places since I've moved a LOT while I was in TV... so several pictures.

My best friends... Kristi, Kelly and Kimmie.

Kristi and I have known one another since we were 6 years old... in first grade at Walt Disney elementary. We met Kelly as Girl Scouts when I was in the 5th grade. Kristi and I are still so close. She was the first one to rush up here after Max was born. (of course I wept the sobbing, uncontrollable tears to her on the phone, so afraid that she wouldn't make it to see him) She was with us for that first weekend in the NICU, helping with the other two kids and just sitting with me while I held his tiny hand.

(Here she is reading bedtime stories to Ella and Alex so Troy and I can get to bed ourselves...)



This next picture is one of my faves, even though my eyes are shut and we are all drenched. We're at the top of the Eiffel tower. (circa 96 maybe???) It was my first trip to France, Kelly's too and Kristi had planned it all. We couldn't wait to see the top, even though it was a miserable night by the time we got up there....

Kimmie and I met much later in life... just out of college and working at KSPR-TV in Springfield. She was a reporter and anchored the weekend news.. I was assignment editor and anchored the morning cut-ins. We both had crappy schedules, we were surrounded by a newsroom full of idiot guys (who we still love) and we were poor. (included in this pic is my good friend Jerry who left TV for the army... he and Kimmie dated at one point)

We shared a lot of fun times, sleepovers, beer, and more beer at the Twilight Inn with all those guys.

We kept in touch.. but TV moved me around a lot... Kimmie also moved to KC. She was a bridesmaid at my wedding (pregnant with Sophia at the time) and in just 3 months I was pregnant with Ella. Who know the girl I met in an awful newsroom would become a lifelong friend, and the mommy to Ella's best friend too!?

(this pic is outside the girls' preschool... Kim had Jack a day later.. and I had Max about 2 weeks after that)

Now, it doesn't seem a day goes by that we aren't on the phone talking about the girls, or our boys, or TV, or life in dirty houses, with crazy schedules, and too much to juggle. She's my lifeline in the daily insanity!!!

No comments: