Thursday, February 24, 2011

Blogging challenge day 7

day 7: a picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you

Well my husband and my kids would be the obvious choice, and of course Troy, Ella, Alex and Max are the most important people in my life.... but I wouldn't be the wife and mommy I am today if it weren't for this lady.




Here name was Missouri, but I just called her Nana. (seriously her name was Missouri Faye... she just went by Faye) This photo was taken Mother's Day, 2006... my first Mother's Day with Ella and Nana's last.

She taught me more about life and everything in it than I ever thought possible. We didn't always agree, she was a Democrat for heaven's sake... but she was honest, straight forward, and loved me unconditionally. She trusted me, valued me, was proud of me, and she always held me accountable. She was wonderful and I still miss her everyday.

Nana died the day before Ella turned one. I am so grateful that they were able to meet one another and that she saw me as a Mommy. I just wish I could still call her and pick her brain for advice.

No comments: