Monday, February 21, 2011

Blogging challenge day 5

Day 5: a picture of somewhere you've been to (okay, first you don't end with a preposition... so it should be a picture of somewhere you've been)

--------

Now, moving on, most of my travel has been with my friend Kristi... because of those great travel benefits she has shared with me.... back in the day, before we had husbands, children, and general chaos. We traveled stand-by, flew first class, and had the time of our lives!!!My favorite is Paris. We've been there twice.

This photo was taken at the Basillica de Sacre Coeur. From these front steps, you can see all of Paris and the beautiful skyline is breathtaking! Right behind that gorgeous church is la Place du Tetre (the place of art) I loved going there and buying artwork right in the city square. Some of it still hangs in my house today.



Our second trip to France... Eiffel tower




beach at Normandy




white water rafting trip to Costa Rica


Now that I have a husband and family(Kristi does too), our travel is pretty much the driving distance type stuff. Our favorite is Big Cedar Lodge. We usually spend a week there at least a couple of times a year. (last year was an exception with all our time off spent in the NICU) In fact, we're heading there next week to celebrate my birthday.


This photo is from my 40th birthday... 2 years ago. Just look at the view and the serenity. We veg out for a whole week.. the kids play, we watch movies and cook in the cabin and snuggle in front of the fire... it is a wonderful, glorious, time away from our hectic lives. Can't wait to get back there!! I already have my 90 minute massage scheduled!!!





No comments: